Garlic Chicken over Cheesy Grits⁠

First, I prepared Bob’s Red Mill Yellow Corn Grits per the Cheesy Grits recipe on the bag. This takes about 30 minutes.  ⁠

While the grits cooked I cut 3 thinly sliced chicken breasts in half to create 6 pieces.  Then I coated each piece in flour and pan-fried them until cooked and browned on both sides. (I used avocado oil).  Place cook chicken aside and keep warm.⁠

Next, I added 2 tbs oil back into the pan.  Added 1 cup each of chopped onion, asparagus, mushroom, and zucchini, along with 8 minced cloves of garlic (salt & pepper to taste). I sautéed the garlic and vegetables for about 5 minutes until they began to soften. ⁠

Once softened I added two cups each chicken stock and heavy cream to the pan.   Bring to a simmer on low heat for 5 to 8 minutes until the sauce begins to reduce and thicken.   Add 2 tbs butter and 2 tbs of chopped parsley and stir until the butter melts.   Add the chicken back to the pan and let simmer for another 3 minutes.⁠

Place a layer of grits on a plate and top with the chicken, veggies, and fantastic sauce.⁠


 

Popular Posts